On Friday March 28th, I had the
extreme pleasure of talking with Liz Berlin of Rusted Root before
their show in Philadelphia, PA at the Electric Factory. Liz was
great in sharing her insight into the band, her solo career, her
club in Pittsburgh, and more. Listen to what the talented and
beautiful Liz Berlin has to say!
1. You and Jenn are going to be opening some shows on this tour,
how did that come about?
2. Does your approach differ when you are opening the show with
Jenn from when you are just playing the full set with the rest
of the band?
3. Do you change the song you play with the band during the set,
or are you just going to be playing "Too Much?"
4. Last tour you brought back some older songs like "Sister
Contine." Any songs going to make a comeback this tour?
5. Any chance that this is the year that we will finally see
your solo CD?
6. Is it tough to maintain your personal relationships on the
7. Is running your club Mr. Smalls something that you are looking
to do more of in the future?
8. What are your thoughts on MP3, digital music, and the whole
9. How happy is the band that you are no longer on Island Records?
10. Is signing with another label something the band is looking
into or are you going to take more control of it yourselves?
11. Who are some of the bands that you are listening to now?
I want to thank Liz for taking the time to talk with me and for
10 years of great music. Everyone should check out Rusted Root
when they come to your town. Check out to see if Rusted
Root is playing in your area!
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what Liz said
or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org