has been around for the last 10 years, but the breaks have been
coming his way the last couple. With his live shows burning up
the Internet, there is definitly a buzz around Nathanson with
his major-label debut already on the shelves. I had the chance
to sit down with Matt before his supporting slot on the first
night of his latest tour with O.A.R. Listen*
as Matt talks about being an aggressive singer/songwriter, why
he chose to get on a major label now, and wearing unitards.
1. If the record came out in October, why is the single, "Suspended,"
now just coming out?
2. You had been offered label deals before, why do you accept
3. You have a lot of covers & teases mixed into your set,
such as Cheap Trick & Extreme, how do you work them in?
4. A lot of your shows are posted on the Internet, do you ever
listen to them?
5. How did you get hooked up with Glenn Phillips, of Toad the
6. You write such pretty love songs, why are you so angry?
7. What do you think of current tourmates, OAR?
8. I read that you are a big Kiss fan, how does that equate into
9. What do you think of The Darkness?
10. Who else are you listening to right now?
11. Really, why are you so angry?
12. I got to say, your online journals are killer, how often
do you write them?
13. In your journal you menion that during a recent acoustic
show, the band Ingram Hill owned the stage like Tesla...any chance
we get a little "Love Song" tonight?
14. Have you ever screwed up on stage and called the wrong city
15. How important are the live show tradings to your career?
16. You sound like a synical guy, are you in fear of being dropped?
17. How did you get hooked up with the American Wedding soundtrack
and was it disappointing to be covering a song instead of playing
one of your own?
I want to thank Matt for taking the time to talk with me. Keep
your eye up for when Matt comes to your town, as the cat is always
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what Matt said
or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at email@example.com