With The Hustle
now out in stores and a tour with Donovan Frankenreiter and Jack
Johnson, G Love is certainly back on the radar. To us, this is
one of the can't miss shows of the summer and the disc is phenomenal.
We recently had the chance to catch back up with G and talk about
The Hustle, how fatherhood has changed him, and a possible
record featuring himself and his tourmates. Give a Listen*
as G also dishes about the booty call. *Windows Media Player 9 is needed to listen to this interview.
1. Congrats on a great new CD, was it a conscious effort to return
to more of the sound you had on G Love & The Special Sauce?
2. Speaking of the Special Sauce, why is the new CD build as
just G Love?
3. You have appeared on Donovan & Jack's records and they
on yours...how does that come about?
4. You guys are guesting during each other's sets...is it more
of a continuous show that way?
5. You have a young son, who makes his debut on "Don't Drop
It". Had being a father really affected your songwriting?
6. Do you ever look back on those older songs and laugh at some
of the things you used to think?
7. G Love and the Special Sauce came out 10 years ago.
Do you find it hard to put together a setlist with 10 years worth
of material that people want to hear?
8. The song people are loving online right now is "Booty
Call." How much fun is it to do that song live?
9. You are on the upcoming Sublime tribute CD, what song did
you pick to be on and why?
10. Do you have any pre-show rituals or hang out with the other
11. What is the status of the long awaited G Love DVD?
I want to thank G for taking the time to talk with me. It was
great getting a chance to chat with him again and just letting
loose and seeing where the conversation goes. Keep your eye up
for when G Love & the rest of the Brushfire Tour comes to
your town, and be sure to purchase The
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what G said or
just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at email@example.com