We recently had the honor
to sit down with one of the biggest artists in the business, Mike
Shinoda of Linkin Park. Mike has stepped out on his own and recently
brought his side project, Fort Minor, to Boston and tore the roof
of the Avalon. The near sold out crowd was unbelievable and was
into the music when the first beat hit the air. Before the show,
we had the chance to sit down with Mike and it really was an honor.
a Listen* as we talk about all kinds of things including
the why now was the time to step out on his own, the music business
as well as a long talk about an important and heavily overlooked
period in American history. *Windows Media Player 9 is needed
to listen to this interview.
Having problems listening to the interview? Go
here to access a page for your browser.
1. Why was Fort Minor's The Rising Tied available on
iTunes yet Linkin Park's music not? Listen
2. It seems that most people are buying things digitally these
days, is the album/CD dead? Listen
3. Why did you decide to go solo with The Rising Tied
4. A thing that definitly is respectable is that you are not
caching in on your name, and releaseing things under Fort Minor
instead of under your name which carries more weight. Listen
5. "Cigarettes" seems to poke a synical (yet tongue
in cheek) eye on the rap industry...an atitude not really seen
on Linkin Park records. Listen
6. It seems that the biggest bands in the world, from u2 to Kanye,
have this sense of realism to their music. Do you think that is
necessary to hit the masses in that extra sense? Listen
7. A song that really jumps out is "Kenji." It seems
that internment is a black stain in American History that no one
seems to ecnowledge.
8. Earlier in the year, there were reports about problems between
Linkin Park and their label. That has been solved, when should
we expect to hear new music from Linkin Park? Listen
I want to thank Mike for taking the time to talk with me. Needless
to say it was a very informative interview and one that was definitly
enjoyable to do. We look forward to when Mike & Linkin Park and
Fort Minor comes back, and can't wait for the next CD.
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what Mike said
or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org