On Saturday March
16th, I had the extreme pleasure of talking with guitarist Jeremy
Hora and bassist Dave Benedict Canadian rockers, Default before
their great show as the opening act for Bush. The guys were real
cool and could not have been nicer or more grounded. We talked
about the success of The
Fallout, Beer, Groupies, and fighting the critics amongst
many other things!
1. How did the band get together?
2. How satisfying is it to have your debut cd, The
Fallout, go gold in both USA and your native Canada and
has it caught you by surprise?
3. How much has Chad from Nickelback helped you guys out and
did he affect how you guys write songs?
4. Do you have a favorite song on the disc? Whats the next single
going to be?
5. You have been compared to a lot of modern rock bands like
Creed, Nickelback, and even Nirvana. Do you care what critics
have to say?
6. What do you think stands you apart from the new breed of modern
rock bands like Nickelback, The Calling, Puddle of Mudd, etc?
7. Who are some of your influences?
8. What do you think of digital music (MP3s) and file sharing?
Do you think it affects record sales?
9. Who are some
of the current bands that you guys are into?
10. Hows it been touring with Bush? Are you looking forward to
hitting the road again with Nickelback for the MTV
Campus Invasion Tour?
11. Some bands complain about playing their hits over and over,
are you guys getting sick of playing "Waisting My Time"
12. I read that you are not a fan of Old
Milwaukee. How the hell is that possible? Do you guys do a
lot of partying before or after the show? One of your fans Rob
wanted to know about the groupie scene?
13. Amanda wanted to know if any of you guys seeing someone and
how hard is it to be on the road?
14. Mel wanted
to know who does your braids and howm any tattooes do you have?
15. How has the band changed since the events of September 11th?
16. If you could create an all star band to watch, who would
be in it? Who have you met that you have been in awe of?
17. Do you feel any pressure to follow up the success of The
I want to thank Dave & Jeremy for taking the time to talk
with me for as long as we did. It was a great time and an even
better show. Everyone should check out Default when they come
to your town. Check out to see if Default
is playing in your area!
Drop me a line to let me know what you think of what Default said
or just to tell me that I'm a tool! Email me at email@example.com