One of my first
shows ever was at the Tower Theater and it was Rusted Root with
a then unknown to me opener, G Love & Special Sauce. Their
unique sound stuck with me enough that I immediately went out
and bought their debut CD, and from there on I was hooked. Well
G is back, currently on tour with 311and Something Corporate,
and about to sign a new label deal meaning new music is on its
I had the extreme pleasure of talking with
G before his homecoming show at Penns Landing. Listen*
as we talk about digital music, playing Woodstock and Bonnaroo,
his Philadelphonic Studio, and more.
1. We haven't heard from you on record since 2001's The Electric
Mile, when can we expect some new G Love & Special Sauce
2. How did you hook up with the 311 tour?
3. You have played some big shows in your day including the infamous
Woodstock '99 and Bonnaroo. Did you notice a difference in playing
those two shows?
4. You helped discover one of your friends Jack Johnson and were
the first person to put him on record. Do you take pride in discovering
and helping one of your friends out and seeing the success he
5. What kind of sound can we expect from the new G Love recordings?
6. How much interaction do you have with the philadelphonic website
and do you plan on continuing to add live shows to stream?
7. You encourage people to download and trade your live shows,
what are your feelings about people downloading and trading your
studio CDs as well?
8. Your sound is all over the place, who influenced you?
9. Tell me about Philadelphonic. Do you have other artists signed
to it or is it just an imprint for your recordings?
10. Is producing something you are interested in continuing to
do in the future?
I want to thank G Love for taking the time to talk with me. I
have been a fan since '96 and have helped spread his music where
ever I go and will continue to do so. Keep your eye up for when
G comes to your town and be sure to check philadelphonic.com
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what G Love said
or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org