the scene in 2000 with "Your Disease," Saliva is back
into our system with a high profile release and headlining spot
on the Jägermeister Music Tour along with (hed) Planet Earth,
Breaking Benjamin, Systematic, and Stereomud. Saliva has brought
their game to a new level and threw away any thoughts of the sophomore
jinx. Before their show in Philadelphia, I had the opportunity
to sit down with singer Josey Scott and guitarist Chris D and
chat before it was time for them to hit the stage. Listen as Chris
& Josey talk about recording Back
into Your System, digital music and more.
1. Did you feel any pressure with the second CD after Every
Six Seconds went platinum and Josey's high profile song "Hero?"
2. Was there a conscious effort to focus on more types/styles
of music than Every Six Seconds?
3.Is there a set writing process that the band goes through since
as you said a band has their whole life to write their first CD
and two months to write their second?
4. One of our writers, Mike Kaveney wrote an article about Messages
Music Can Provide. Do you think that musicians have an obligation
for their lyrics and actions on stage as "Always" is
the story of an abused woman who finally has enough?
5. What do you think made Saliva attractive to record labels?
6. Who have been your musical influences?
7. What are you feelings on MP3s and there place in today's music
8. Tell me about the next single from Back
into Your System "Rest in Pieces?"
9. There have been a lot of collaborations by the band, specifically
Josey working with Jay Z, Chad Kroeger, etc. Have any stuck out
more than others?
10. What advice can you give young bands that are just starting
11. Was it hard to stay real when writing/recording Back
into Your System? Were you getting any pressure to write
"Your Disease" again?
12. Who would be in your all-star band of either living or dead
I want to thank Josey & Chris for taking the time to talk
to me. The guys in Saliva were awesome and put on a killer show.
Hopefully Philly gets to see this great band again soon, I know
I will certainly be in the audience when it happens.
Drop us a line to let me know what you think of what Saliva said
or just to tell us how much we suck! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org